Friday 9 August 2013

The Hummingbird Bakery

I recently made the trip to Portobello Road in the famous Notting Hill in London with my Mum as I'd never been before and had always wanted to go there since watching the movie 'Notting Hill'. Walking up to the famous road, I immediately decided "I want to live here some day", the area is so lovely with amazing houses, shops and cafes/restaurants. I was pleasantly surprised by the village feel the area had. Another reason as to why I love London!

We hadn't really planned the day before going, however we knew we wanted to visit the famous Hummingbird Bakery. Tarek Malouf opened the first Hummingbird Bakery on Portobello Road in 2004. Since then, five more bakeries have opened - four of them in London. From the look of the amazing cakes in the cookbooks, the bakery was a definite must-see. I took some photos to share with you... (again, sorry for the photo quality, I forgot to take my camera so had to use an iPhone).













After visiting the bakery, we headed to a cafe for a drink...






One of the many gorgeous antique shops along Portobello Road.


Bye for now! xx

2 comments:

  1. love london x
    http://jadegillett.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never visited London (only saw it from plane window), although I have been in England twice. But I would love to go now, it would bee such a great experience!

    Brigita,
    http://lostinpattern.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete